Join me and a distinguished list of discussants for an evening of discourse about the state of remittances and economic growth in Africa.
The Africa-America Institute’s next Speaker Series panel discussion will explore the role remittances can play in bolstering economic growth and prosperity on the African continent. The panel discussion entitled “Can Remittances from the African Diaspora Promote Economic Growth in Africa?” will be held on June 5 from 6:30-8:30pm in New York City. Door opens at 6:00pm.
This is probably as accomplished a list of panelists as I’ve ever joined for a discussion. If you happen to be in New York city June 5th, make sure to join us. Check out this line up. My colleague Solome Lemma will be moderating. That’s worth braving the traffic to attend. See you there.
- Linus Adaba, Group Remittance & Diaspora Manager, Ecobank Transnational Incorporated – ETI
- Dr. Sonia Plaza, Senior Economist, Migration and Remittances Team, The World Bank
- Dr. Rose Ngugi, Advisor, Office of the Executive Director, Africa Group, International Monetary Fund
- Isseu Diouf Campbell, Photojournalist and Founder, Afrikanspot.com
- Teddy Ruge, Chief Marketing Officer, Redcore Money Transfer and Founder of Remit.ug
Moderator: Solome Lemma, Co-Founder and Director, Africans in the Diaspora